Experienced Conference Manager - Auckland
- Do you have at least three years' experience as a professional conference organiser (PCO)?
- Do you enjoy working in a supportive and dynamic team environment?
- Are you looking for a long-term position where you can utilise and develop your skills?
Then you could be the perfect fit for the Conference Innovators (CI) team!
We're looking for a committed and experienced conference manager to join our Auckland office, as one of our team members heads off on their next overseas adventure.
A CINZ-approved PCO, CI has delivered hundreds of outstanding conferences throughout Australia and New Zealand since 1995. As well as all the exciting international events we've managed, we've built a long list of valued regular national clients we love working with – and they love working with us!
We're a close-knit team of 20, with offices in Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland. We provide a supportive and dynamic environment for our staff, encouraging them to develop and thrive as leading event professionals.
About The Role
As a CI Conference Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery – from start to finish - of 3-4 conferences per year. You will have the opportunity to develop strong relationships with your regular conference clients, as well as work on larger one-off international events.
The most critical element of this role is a client focus – we always aim to become a trusted partner of our clients, gaining their respect and developing positive, fruitful working relationships.
To excel in this role, you must also be:
- Professional and results-driven – with a focus delivering events of the highest quality which exceed our clients' expectations.
- A 'people person' – we pride ourselves on both our fantastic team dynamic and our enduring relationships with suppliers and clients alike.
- Financially astute – able to balance a budget and guide clients on conference financial matters (with the support and advice of our experienced Finance and Conference Accounts team).
- Technology-savvy – experienced with both MS Office Suite and website building/e-marketing, as well as event management software (EventsPro/EventsAir preferred).
- Solutions-orientated – showing initiative and thinking creatively to overcome potential challenges.
- Organised – able to balance multiple clients, prioritise and multitask to meet pressure deadlines with accuracy and efficiency.
Salary will be dependent on skills and experience. Some domestic travel will be required as part of the role.
How to apply:
If you tick all the right boxes then we'd love to hear from you! Please complete an application for employment (below). This application must be completed and returned to Alice Templeton firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV for your application to be considered.
Applications close 4.00pm Wednesday 19 April 2017 or whenever the perfect person presents themselves!
Applications will only be accepted from those who visit this website first and submit their CV with the application form supplied. A job description will then be provided for suitable candidates, with confidentiality maintained.
Download application form here
For further information on this role please contact:
Alice Templeton, Executive and Business Development Assistant to the Director
Phone 03 379 0390
PO Box 7191, Christchurch 8240
Building 1, 195 Main Highway
Ellerslie, PO Box 11 954
Unit 2, 11 Tussock Lane
PO Box 7191
Christchurch 8240, New Zealand